Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 month ago

Do you think having too many tattoos is tacky ? ?

I'm a female with None and i told my dad i wanted a sleeve tattoo and he said guys are going to think you're tacky what do you think ? 

• Zhu

Well, I think they are very tacky. You can't get rid of them when you get tired of them. Why not try the henna dye first? 

• Mystic
      1 month agoReport

Yes you can. It's called laser removal treatment.

I like tats. That being said, if they keep you from getting a decent job, then yes

can't say i'm a big fan of tattoos on either sex. many would be tacky.

Even with guys I like and love, it amazes me what some of them are turned off or uneasy around: tattoos, Carhart jackets when it's freezing out, the occasional 'f' word. I'm NOT an athlete, but sometimes I'll praise a champion soccer team or female boxer and a guy will say, "Those aren't women" or "That's Femi-Nazi" stuff.  I absolutely don't think tattoos on a woman is tacky.  But it amazes me how even good guys seem very concerned that the slightest expression of 'toughness' in a woman is a sign we're going to get crazy.  So if you were trying to attract as many men as possible, sundresses, makeup, and heels is the way to go.  But if you want the rare, *right* man for you, it's better to be yourself.  I mean, what's the point in living with a guy if you can't live with *you*?  Also, tattoos are endless convo pieces and Carhart is good in all weather.   

yes ...it,s tacky ...

I'm an embalmer, trust me, tats do not age well--

• LM440

I regularly see women with significant visible tattoo coverage, including sleeves.  I find quality tattoos very appealing.  If someone finds you tacky based on a tattoo, that person is both shallow and prejudice.  That type of person you can't please and probably don't want to.

Depends on the tattoo. The one thing you DONT want to skimp on is a tattoo artist. If you're going to get a sleeve, then make sure the artist is really good. Ask for a sketch of the tat before hand. Some tats can be seriously tacky (like ones that are just of random stuff) while others can be seriously beautiful art work.

• KittenLittle
      1 month agoReport

Let's see you draw that Grundoon... Stick figures don't count.

I used to work with a laser, doing industrial engraving.  I dealt mostly with delivery guys.  When they saw the laser, they would invariably ask me "is that the kind of laser they use to remove tattoos?  (I had a good answer ready.  "No, but I can take off your arm if you like.")

The point is that EVERYONE I know who is over 40 and has a tattoo regrets it and wishes they could get it taken off.  Most of them get them in their 20s, and by their 40s their tastes are totally different!

You're best having none visible, some jobs don't allow them especially in my field. I've been told several times not to bother going to an interview if I have a tattoo.