Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 months ago

My friend, male, 20, had a stroke yesterday. How? He is so young and quite healthy, not fat?

He did drink alcohol and eat a usual diet - burgers etc. But other than that he was healthy. He wasn t fat or anything.

He survived it, thank god, but why did he have a stroke?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

I think you know why he had a stroke a diet high in fat, salt, and sugar is likely to cause that problem. You don't have to be visibly fat with his diet he's probably skinny fat (high body fat percentage but they're naturally a skinny person) white fat is the problem it sits around the organs and can smother them over time. Your friend could also have high pressure and not know it and alcohol can cause that and it can cause diabetes. He needs to take better care of himself health isn't something to f*ck around with.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

HE could've had high blood pressure and not known it. I had 180/110 BP and didn't know it and would've had a stroke soon if I hadn't had a car accident. Started seeing a doctor because of it when my dangerously high BP was discovered. I was exercising 2 hours a day but the stress I was under could've killed me.

• 4 months ago

Stock just means loss of blood flow to the brain for a period of time. He could have an inherent, weak artery disease, he could have been on a plane or sat too long and formed a blood clot.  He could have bumped his head.  And of course certain kinds of drugs can cause a stroke.  Depending on what the cause, and how long he was without oxygen determines how well he will recover.  

• 4 months ago

his alcohol, greasy diet is the giveaway

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Cause easy even healthy people can have a stroke you don't need to be unhealthy something the foolish and naive think 

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

ask the doctor and i highly doubt your 20 year old healthy friend had a stroke

• ...Show all comments
    • JoKyoNim
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

@W your thinking embolism. aneurysm is an excessive localized enlargement of an artery caused by a weakening of the artery wall.
      embolism is obstruction of an artery, typically by a clot of blood or an air bubble.
      big difference in what goes on and how treated if survived

• edward
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

It’s unusual for young adults to have a stroke.

• k w
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

maybe it was IN the so-called NORMAL food he ate !?.....I'm lots older, but had a mild stroke I'm still recovering from...in late 2017.....

• 4 months ago

thats more to do with genetic make up of person

• 4 months ago

That would be for a doctor to decide. There are several possibilities.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.