Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 2 months ago

Am I becoming out of touch by not using social media?

No...   Facebook and instagram became the most  bad influence...  and serious..   let’s face it,  Facebook owns everything....  your message,  your comments.. I feel yahoo answers is better than this,  you don’t get kicked out, by using user names or remain anonymous.,thanks yahoo. 

They should bring back yahoo 360.  Now that was fun.    If everyone tell yahoo to bring it back, maybe they will consider it.. but Facebook and instagram which they both are linked to FB,   Is getting to be,   Very overwhelming...      get disabled for this, for that, for nothing...   face book is loosing customer s day by day..  

Hoping something eles comes up

They should have 2 as like Democratic and republican. Ha,,   

I choose not to use it either, but luckily I'm middle aged, so many people aren't that bothered by my choice.  Though I suspect if your either a preteen/teen or young adult, or an older adult, who believe that they are really 'cool', people would consider you weird, for not using Social Media.

Using social media is actually bad for you, if your glued to it, all the time.  If used every now & then, it's fine.

To me, its for people who are introverts or don't go out much, and meeting people in real life are the extroverts, but you can intertwine so it's all a choice that your comfortable with, mix or choose!

You are more in touch as you have to see the people directly.  Social media is just electronic "Blah,blah,blah" and the people never ever meet.

I tried to come up with an advantage for using it. I can't think of one. 

Millennials and younger people might view you as such... but I would just be yourself. 

No,  smart, social media you have to use with extreme caution..  yahoo answers is better,  

no! u will find that u are able to  fulfil your everyday life with other things which are interesting for u and people who need your company always be in touch with you no matter what) 

• Daniel

Not Really no there are Plenty of other ways to keep in touch with people Besides Social Media

• Dick

You may be a bit "out of touch" with a few other people, but you are doing your sanity a world of good by staying away from it !!! JMHO

Out of touch with whom? I have a facebook account but not a single page on it. Just the profile so I can book hotel reservations with it when I vacation. Not interested in spending my free time chatting on social media. Seems pretty frivolous to me, unless you're trying to promote a business. Out of touch with what? Reality? No. Gossip? Perhaps. But it's much more enjoyable to talk to your friends in person, when you have a lot stored up to talk about, instead of sending endless texts that say virtually nothing of importance.