Yahoo does not work properly with Chrome . Works with Edge and Firefox . Uninstalled and re-installed Chrome. Still doesn't work.?

<<<< I wasn't sure how to update and ended up posting it as another question.  I did a complete "restore to original settings" on Chrome and things are now working ok.  Not sure how it all got corrupted but that's the solution.  Thanks to all for your suggestions. >>>>

I'm only able to use Chrome on Yahoo if I have a couple Ad Blockers running.

i have no problems either. I have Chrome and downloaded Opera and hadn't removed Opera yet.

• John

I have no problems with y/a and Chrome together. Each pc is different.

My Chrome is playing up on Yahoo Answers as well.

• Dick

Makes no sense. Go into the Settings in Chrome and see if you can find any settings that don't make a lot of sense, and change them in hopes that you fix the problem. Check the area regarding "blocking web sites/pages".

• Tony2 months agoReport

I did a complete reset to default settings and all is well now.

OK... Yahoo was working fine for years on Chrome on my desk top machine.  Now, for the past two days, on any of the five different yahoo accounts, it no longer allows checking a box nest to a message to select for deletion.  If you check the box, it opens the message rather than just a check mark appearing.  Also, there are no e-mails shown in my inbox past 5 days old on any of the accounts.  Using Chrome on my two laptops with the same yahoo accounts has zero problem.  All works fine on all accounts.  On the desk top, all accounts also work fine using Edge and or Firefox.  The problem is limited to Chrome on the desk top.

I've uninstalled and re-installed Chrome twice being careful to log out of all yahoo accounts first and remove yahoo as my default home page.  I went to "extensions" because once before I had some funky extensions get into Chrome.  All fine there.

About an hour ago, I remembered that once before I had to do a "reset to default settings" on Chrome because of a problem.  I'm going to try that later but have to go out for a few hours.

Sorry to hear that. Mine works fine.

Generally Yahoo works fine with Chrome.  You will need to give some detail about what is not working correctly with Yahoo.  It may be an issue with a plug in needed for certain Yahoo function, and not with Chrome itself.

If you are running Windows 10, go out and download the new version of Edge.  It is build on the Chromium kernal that is used by Chrome.  But has an interface that looks more like the current Edge or IE.  It works just like Chrome on most sites, but also has features of Edge and IE.  See if using it resolves your Yahoo issues.

If only you'd got the intelligence to tell us what/why you THINK that Google Chrome doesn't work properly with whichever Operating System you're using, we MIGHT have been able to help you, mate.

I can not see an issue with chrome/yahoo. Firefox- yes.

Chrome is pretty darned smooth. It's gotta be an issue with your puter/os.

• Verulam 1
      1 month agoReport

I'm here via Firefox, as I always have been, with NO problems.  Other than the general content of this place!!!