Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 3 months ago

Will somebody have a hard time if they decide not to use credit cards in America?

Favorite Answer

They'll have a harder time renting hotel rooms and cars, and buying airline tickets and booking events.

• MyaJay3 months agoReport

This is not true. I've never needed a credit card for any of these things

I cut up my last credit card over 5 years ago and have not used one since.  It took me a couple of years to pay off what I still owned on them, but then for the next year I put the payment amount into a saving account ever month.  I have enough in there to cover emergencies.  Anything else, I pay cash for.

I do have a debit card that I use to pay most of my bills online.  And for most of my day to day purchases.  I almost never carry cash.

But i have no need for a credit card.  If I do not have the money for it, I usually can live without it.

• DEBS

No.  Why would they?  Debit cards are still the preferred method by over 50% of the population.

Other than online, I know of no place which won't take your cash.