Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Which dinner option is healthier?

I'm going out to dinner tonight with my husband but I'm trying to lose weight so I peaked at the menu online. I want to choose the healthier & lower calorie option. Which dinner is healthier?

1) Pistachio-Crusted Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce: Baby Spinach, Fresh Vegetables & Steamed Rice

2) Braised Chicken with Butternut Squash & Sautéed Greens: Boneless Chicken Thighs Braised with Tart Apples, Baby Greens, Potatoes, Turmeric & Fresh Herbs

Favorite Answer

Option 2 is healthier. The pistachio crusting on the salmon in option 1 will be super high in fat/calories, and so will the lemon cream sauce. 

It depends upon a lot of factors - such as, whether they use sugar or hydrogenated oils in their cooking. Neither are healthy at all.

I'm not sure why you're counting calories. Calorie deficit diets never work in the long-term. Low carb, high natural fat diets? They work in the long term. Always did, always will.

• k w

we have no way of knowing if they used REFINED OILS in the cooking process or not, refined oils AKA VEGETABLE OILS, they're not healthy at all, deepfried anything is not healthy, they/mfr's STOLE the best oils we used to have then told us a lie about it, and people still believe that malarky, but its false, you got to eat fat to lose fat, and they got everybody so screwed up, believing that lie, it can't be undone.

SEE Mary Enig, look her up online, she's an expert on good oils, olive, real butter, not that fake garbage/margarine, walnut oil is good too...not peanut oil, not corn oil..

marketing ca-ca for selling product......

2 most likely has less calories

I doubt you were able to peak at the menu. As a verb the word peak means - reach a highest point, either of a specified value or at a specified time.

You PEEKED at the menu. When you PEEKED at the menu you should have seen nutrition info so you should be able to easily choose based on that.