Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

Why is it taking so long to get pregnant? ?

Been TTC for almost a year. Been tracking, apps, and stopped stressing and still not pregnant. Can wine and caffeine have an impact? My husband did a sperm test and passed. And I know I'm ovulating thru opks and I get cramps during that time what else can I do? Sex every 2 or 3 days? 

Girlll... do you use prenatal vitamins???It is essential to use those. I used the prenatal vitamin with DHA from secrets of tea and I used the get pregnant tea from the same brand. 

And honestly, I got preggy after 2 months.

I was told it is normal to take a year. You have to remember a year is 12 cycles.

According to a Google search -  about 45 percent of them will have conceived within three months, 60 to 65 percent within six months, 85 percent within a year and 93 percent within 18 months.

If it's been a year, go see a doctor. Bring your tracking info. You want to time sex to be about 11 days before your next period. You'll both need to get tested: about 40% the problem is with the man's sperm, but there's help if either of you have problems.

It's frustrating, isn't it? Every idiot teenager can get pregnant and a married woman who can take care of a baby can't. It took me two years to conceive my first and I know people who took even longer or had multiple miscarriages. It's worth seeing a fertility specialist to make sure everything is okay with you -- that your fallopian tubes aren't blocked, that you don't have endometriosis or something that is keeping a fertilized egg from being implanted, etc. Your age is also a factor; the older you are, the harder it gets. Talk to your doctor.