Best Martial art style for Superman to learn?

I know he has learned some boxing from WildCat in the comics, but the films normally ignore that. and I think Krypton has its own style

But Lets say for a Batman Begins style reboot, Clark Kent decided to take up martial arts classes to better defend against super powered foes such as Zod, Brainiac

a combination of martial training along with his iconic powers would be a sight to see, night to mention affective against foes who may be physically stronger.

Thoughts. Have Fun

Hiya!

Update:

No weapons combat, (though in the 80s he got his hands on a sword that had the House of El crest on it, but he rejected it) Just hand to hand. It can be a mix, or can be singular style

4 truth and justice!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

If he followed the example set by Bruce Wayne, he would make a point of learning multiple disciplines, From my experience each one has it's advantages and disadvantages. I would suggest that he begin with Brazilian Ju Jitsu and then go from there.

• ...Show all comments
    • JoKyoNim
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Of course this path takes more than 20 years to be even remotely proficient at it. And many just went thru the 1st 2 parts of the complete system.
      BJJ is nothing without the rest of the puzzle

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Bruce Kung Do Wayne Fu

• 4 weeks ago

Superman needs to learn Capoeira, and nothing else.  That would be entertaining.

• 1 month ago

Ju Jitsu is probably th one

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I think Aikido would be perfect

• Ravenheart1 month agoReport

that fits Clark's pacifist nature dont it

• Lee
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I can imagine a super speed version of wing Chun. I’m assuming the training is to fight someone of equal or greater strength, wing Chun delivers close range high speed attacks. Then a form of Thai boxing for mid-long range like Goku.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Drunken boxing?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Superman doesnt need a martial arts.   he is bullet proof, punch proof and no air proof. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.