Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

I was at a wine tasting pop up and I mistakenly drank from used glasses that I thought were "help yourself" wine samples. Could I sue them?

Ok so this place does free wine tasting and I see a few glasses sitting out with a tiny bit of wine in them but at first I did not even think about the possibility that they were already used glasses that someone drank out of finished and set down and that the wine inside them were just residue, I thought for sure they were some "pre-poured and help yourself" samples of wine being they were sitting right in between 2 different wine bottle displays and so I picked a few up and drank out of them and next thing I know the man running the tasting setup comes back after ringing up a customer’s transaction and so I ask him “what wine am I tasting?” but then he mentions that he didn’t recall serving me any wine tastes and that I’m supposed request what I want to taste and he gets it for me, then tells me the glasses I drank out of had to have been used glasses that nobody had bussed yet.  

Am I able to sue the place for having used glasses in customer’s reach causing me to accidentally drink out of them?

You want to sue somebody based on your own ignorance and this is somehow their fault?

You can definitely try if you don't mind being laughed out of the courtroom for lacking common sense.

Post 8 more times. Maybe something will change

So your failure to notice something wasn't for you and helping yourself is somehow someone else's problem?

• hamel5

That's pretty funny

you need to be "damaged" in order to sue them

You seriously have OCD. You repeat post this rubbish several times a week. Get mental help for your obvious mental distress.

Sue for what?

Unless you can prove that you contracted some illness directly from the glasses, then you have no damage.

Based on what you wrote, you were too eager to get free wine of any type. 

In a standard wine tasting, either you ask for the wines you want to taste or there are some glasses around a particular bottle so that you can identify the wine you are tasting. If you would have spent a minute or so to ask someone how to get some wine to taste, you would have known 

Source(s): Attended and organized wine tasting in the past

It's common for plaintiffs to experience damage before filing suit. If you come down with an illness, that you believe came from this, then you would consider suing. "Might have ..." isn't damage.

You should also consider the potential counter-suit against you for theft.