All My Children & One Life to Live?

Were they canceled?

Been out of the loop for 20 years. Was looking for them and couldn't find any or the SOAPS channel.

I really don't want to watch General Hospital. Have always disliked that one. 😄 I need old shxt for my aunt.

Thank you very much everyone.

Favorite Answer

Both shows were actually cancelled twice, I think people fail to realise that-

AMC and OLTL were both cancelled in 2011 by ABC, with AMC airing its final show September 2011, and OLTL airing its final show Jan 2012. 

Both shows were brought back as an online series via Prospect Park, and they aired for several months in 2013. Due to financial reasons, production was shutdown and the shows on "hiatus", after 40 episodes, neither show came back. Propsect Studios went bankrupt and there was an ugly court fight between ABC vs Prospect for the rights to the shows/characters, eventually in 2018, ABC won the court battle, and both shows are back under ABCs ownership.

There has been heavy discussions of AMC making a 3rd comeback, various of the actors have confirmed it, and several insiders have as well. Nothing has been leaked about how far along things are, about contracts, about how the show is going to air, how long the episodes may be etc. 

• 😳 Omg... ty. That means there's a chance both will come back.

Yes, ABC cancelled AMC and OLTL  about 8 years ago now and I miss them both. AMC was the first soap that I got hooked on and I would also watch OLTL when I was on school breaks that seems like a lifetime ago 

• Kathy

Yes they were both canceled.

How can you cancel your own children? Use contraception next time.

They both have been canceled for years now. One Life To Live aired its final episode on January 13, 2012, All My Children aired its final episode on September 2, 2013.

• David B.
      1 month agoReport

KnockingOnHeavensDoor, You're welcome. No, she was an ordained minister involved in prison ministry here in Georgia and spent all of her spare time in prayer and study of the Bible. 

• audrey

Very sadly, yes. I miss them. But they left Bold and Beautiful on which is the worst show I have ever seen.

• 😢 I just looked it up. I can't believe they've been gone for 7-8 years. That sucks! Thx.