Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsMy Yahoo · 1 month ago

Why did my question get deleted without any explanation?

At least give out an explanation.

Update:

I didn't break any violation rule. I hate it that someone could just report it for the heck of it and it gets deleted just because one person said so.

Update 2:

nevermind it's back now

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

maybe it was rude

Source(s): #justahunch
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Marilyn Manson reported it

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Had you shared the content of your question, we might be able to tell you. Otherwise, all we can say is it was reported by enough users to get it removed. Yahoo doesn't send out notifications of removed posts anymore, and even when they did you weren't told what your violation was (just that one or more users reported your post).

A LOT of users don't think they posted a violation, but they did. Post again asking "Was this post a violation" and include the content that was removed (also any links, images, or updates, as sometimes that's where the violation occurred).

Move your question to Yahoo Products>Yahoo Answers as it's currently in Yahoo Products>My Yahoo and not applicable to this subcategory. You can move your question by clicking Edit (pencil icon for mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category in which it is better suited. 

• 1 month ago

We can not tell if you broke a rule unless you give details. To give individual violation reasons would take thousands of staff and 90% of people already know the reason. If they told you "chat" would that suffice? If you want to know the reason for the violation, post "Why was this question (answer) a violation?" and add the original e-mail you got and/or any details you remember so the users can see the exact context. The experienced users here will explain it to you. Many times the violation is not in the question, but in the added details and updates.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Your question was reported enough times by YA users that it triggered computer programs to remove your question from the YA DISPLAY. Your question is still in Yahoo/Verizon's digital data banks and can be appealed. If you win the appeal, your question will be restored to the YA display exactly fly where it was deleted from.

Yahoo never did and Verizon NEVER has explained WHY. Yahoo/Verizon stopped sending out report notice and violation notice emails with hyper links that took you go the appropriate appeal pages more than 2 years ago. Yahoo/Verizon employees do NOT read, monitor or moderate the YA forums. YA users just like YOU are the moderators.

Yahoo/Verizon assumes you are intelligent enough to figure out why your question was reported. You really should take the time to READ the YA community guidelines that you agreed to.

One person's report very rarely triggers a question deletion. It usually takes at least 2 reports, sometimes many more. Anyone who thinks they ate still a trusted reporter is probably delusional. One of my recent answers was deleted several hours ago. I do not think I lost 10 points, and I was able to answer the SAME question a second time.

• 1 month ago

cause theyre not giving those out anymore. i lost this acct one time and never got an explanation for it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Questions that violate TOS get deleted on here.

• CarolOklaNola
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

No, they do not. The email account gets suspended, blocked, from participating on YA. Account suspensions can be appealed, Ive eon over a dozen account appeal suspensions, but not since Verizon took over Yahoo and YA..Verizon Media did not exist until October 2018. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.