Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 3 months ago

Is it illegal to dump used motor oil in the sewer?

Ive always dumped my used motor oil down the sewage drain in the street whenever I change the oil on my truck but today some jerk driving past started calling me all types of names said he’s reporting me to the police. I know it might be pollution and unethical or whatever but I just can’t be hoarding and messing around with dirty gunky oil in my house like some hillbilly. 

HE is RIGHT!!! A HILLBILLY would do what you have done! Use your EMPTY OIL CANS and fill them up with used oil and take them to an OIL CHANGE PLACE or PARTS STORE!~ They will collect it for you. P.S. you really are a HILLBILLY PIG! Think about what that oil is doing to the WATER SUPPLY! IDIOT! PUt some NEWSPAPER int he back of your truck or WASH IT! JEEZ

• Phil M

There are no sewage drains in the street. They are called storm drains and end up in the closest body of water. It is illegal to pour toxic materials into storm drains. Dispose of the oil properly, or get your oil changed at a garage and they will deal with the used oil.

The drained oil will kill all the harmful germs and viruses in the sewerage system, tell the authorities if they ask you lol

• John, Have you ever heard, If you keep you mouth shut others can only wonder if your stupid, when you open your mouth and confirm it. well we know who to avoid

Next time just put it in a glass and drink it.. YOU KNOW its illegal and you id it anyway now stop trolling and go suck your cars tail pipe.

• zipper

YES IT IS QUITE ILLEGAL< YOU TROLL!  Take it to Wal Mart or some other recycling site!

• Sally

yes.   That is illegal.  In a police state anything that is nor required is prohibited.  In the future just be careful no one sees you do that.  

• hart

you are insane (sorry)

It is illegal to do what you did. The car part store where you bought your fresh oil will take the old oil for recycling. The guy isn't a jerk and he did you a favor with the warning. If you ever get caught the fine is hefty. Avoid going to prison in the future by not dumping your oil in the sewer.

• arther

pissing in the pool big time. its never ever been an acceptable thing to do. grandpa didn't do that in 1940.

disgusting thing to do.

there are different laws for different parts of the world, apparently you don't understand that