Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 1 month ago

do you get your children the same amount of presents for Christmas or spend the same amount of money on each?

• Jill
    Favorite Answer

I only have one but if I had more I would try to get them presents that they want or need. My budget would be the biggest consideration - not whether I've given them presents of equal monetary value. No child of mine would ever demand equal value. I would never stand for that kind of sh1t. 

• edward

My parents gave us each one gift for Christmas. Just one. If it needed batteries it’s like another tiny gift. Like when the GameBoy Colour came out it was such a hot gift to get me and my sister both got one. Years later when she was 18 she got a car, i got a TV for my room...obviously they weren’t equal in price but i didn’t even have my licence at the time.

Both.  It's pretty easy to have a set dollar amount and then still give the same amount of gifts to open.  You just get some that are much less expensive to balance it out if needed.  They actually have no idea I do it that way, they've never noticed that it all balances out when gifts are handed out.  Nor do they expect a certain amount.

They get the same $ amount spent on them, and they understand that it may be that they get one expensive gift or several small gifts that total that amount. They are old enough to understand what a budget is, they no longer believe in Santa, so they know that if they ask for something that is going to cost a lot, they may not get a whole lot more besides that gift.