Kittycat asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Why has Yahoo Answers lost it's popularity over the years?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yahoo has been making Changes that people dont Like and cant Stand and a lot of people are getting Sick of it and have Decided to Leave the Site as a Result

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I'm thinking there are too many questions that are nonsensical asked.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because  Verizon doesn't bother.

- we don't get notified of deletions anymore

- there is no answers-team to suspend abusers anymore

• Kittycat
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Terrible ain't it. I answered someone's question and it got deleted and I wasn't even notified, it took me to go and check that same question to find out my answer wasn't there because some overly sensitive users reported it and got deleted. I can honestly now see why Y/A has gone downhills.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

*its, not "it's."

Take a look around. Is it any wonder why people don't bother anymore? 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Malicious reporting was the main reason People just got sick of it, not to mention the glitches.

• 1 month ago

No moderation to speak of, and glitches galore. More mean trolls too.

• 1 month ago

Part is the lack of oversight by Yahoo/Verizon. But do you remember MySpace? All web sites lose popularity over the years. Even Facebook has slowed over the last few years.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Lack of oversight by the YA Team (as it had before Yahoo was bought by Verizon), which allowed site abusers to flourish. On top of that, MANY significant glitches and multiple massive spam bot attacks, ran off even more users. The fewer quality users on the site, the fewer new (quality) users find it enticing to come or stay because they look around and see a bunch of garbage posted (nonsense questions, off topic posts in categories, insults, trolling, spam, etc). 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, I don't think so.

I have been here for about 9-8 years. Yea, rules have changed, they even changed theme. I agree that there are some people who can be annoying. Guess what! that make it fun place to hang around. I like when we have, open opinions on serious topics. It can get messy and sticky, on controversial questions. I hate it when they are deleted, due to certain intolerant people around here.

It a place where, anyone who differ, or have a better opinion can contribute in finding answers to wide varieties of questions around the world.

Source(s): Just a humble yahoo answers user! ~Mr J
    • Too-Da-Loo!
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

I agree. Some of us still make this place fun! Despite all the changes and negativity.
      You can still learn something and have a good laugh

• 1 month ago

more little kids here than anything else. lots of trolls.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.