Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · 1 month ago

Why do so many people buy consoles if pc is so much better?

With a pc there is more game available, you can easily use a usb controller, the mouse is alot more accurate, and there is so many cheats available for games. Why do so many people buy consoles?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I have Xbox Ps4 and a gaming pc. To be honest I prefer the Xbox 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Consoles are Waaaaaaayy cheaper and most of the times so are the games. Also your console games will always play if you have a console. While some pc games will only play with certain operating systems. Try playing a windows 98 or windows xp game on windows 10 and see what happens. lets say you have windows 7. what would you do if you had to reinstall the operating system. You would never get it to install right since microsoft will not give you the updates anymore. So No a PC is not better.

• 1 month ago

Because are aren't aware of the PC master race

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

maybe they just liked them better or there old fashion

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

A self built budget gaming PC is going to cost around $600. That's a PC that can play the newest of the new games at Medium to High settings at 1080p. In 2 or 3 years I will have to upgrade the Graphics card and possibly the CPU if I want to keep playing games at 1080p because the Graphical requirements on games keeps increasing.

During Black Friday, I could buy a brand new XBox One or PS4 for $200. It's going to be a solid 3 or 4 years before developers stop making games for these old platforms and transition over to the next Gen consoles. 

Back in 2013 I could have built a PC around a Core i7-4770k and a GTX 780ti. This would have been high end gear back then but now I would only be able to play games at 1080p Medium settings. But at least a system like this would have outlived a console generation.  

• 1 month ago

The general draw for consoles is the "It just works" ideal.  You can just turn it on, pop a game in & you're on your way.  If you're on a older console (5th generation or older), you insert the game BEFORE you turn on the console.

With the exception of the more modern consoles, you generally don't have to worry about updates & patches.  You don't have to worry about system requirements because console hardware specs are generally locked down & generally won't have more than 3 major configurations to deal with (while PC's has hundreds to thousands of configurations to deal with).

Hope this sheds light on the subject.

• L
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's like asking, "Why do so many people buy a sports car when a bus is so much better?"

Different people have different requirements and what they purchase meets their use case... it could be functionality, available games, price, appearance, support requirements, ease of installation/use...

Just because your requirements are "more game available, easily use usb controller, many cheats" for personal computer based games compared to consoles does not mean everyone has those same requirements.

All that said, nearly all the "gamers" I know have both.

• 1 month ago

Consoles are cheaper and more simple to setup and use compared to a gaming PC for the average person. A good PC can be a lot more powerful than a console, but it won't be cheap (compared to a console) and requires more research to choose parts and time to build it. Then you have to factor in the potential problems involved with PC gaming, like drivers/software updates, figuring out if your current hardware can handle the newest games, etc. There's a lot more that goes into it than with consoles. For an average gamer (especially if they're not very tech savvy) having to deal with all of this can be very tedious, confusing, and/or not worth it. They just want something that is easy to setup and use.

• danxp2
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There are console exclusive games people want to play. Consoles now have all their ports labeled, so setting them up is theoretically easier.

A next gen console comes in the 300-500 range. A high end gaming PC or Laptop can be more than $1,000 easily.

The life of a console now is about 6 years, the life of a PC is about 2 years before it is time to upgrade to be up to date. 

• 1 month ago

Consoles are cheaper which will make them more desirable to people

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.