Leaving work?

I handed in my notice last week and in my resignation letter I have put down my last day of work will be on the 15th March in which they have accepted that. If for some reason they say to me that I’m no longer needed do they still have to pay me up to the 15th March. 

Absolutely not.  In some industries...you give your two week notice and you get escorted from the building, no legal reason or requirement to keep you.  

• Casey Y
      1 month agoReport

You have a contract...read the contract...if you cannot understand the contract...ask a labor lawyer.  Hoping to get a legitimate answer by transcribing a single line from your contract is like asking for financial advice but only providing your current debt and nothing else. 

No, of course not.

No.  The notice is to give them time to replace you.  It does not obligate them to pay you when you are gone and they do not have to utilize your services after you give notice.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • DEBS

No .

• Tavy

No in the UK...........

Nope.

Good companies won't terminate good employees during their notice period, and if you're in a union or have a formal employment contract there might be rules against it. But otherwise there's nothing to stop them from asking you to leave early and not paying you for the remaining time.