will a performance tune alone get me an extra 25 horsepower in my 2010 charger rt ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Carson
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

No.

Cold air intake about 10 hp. I'd avoid K&N, the oil gets in the MAF. Use a high flow dry filter.

Upgrade the ignition parts with msd, accel, mission ignition.

Copper plugs are the best, but last 20,000 miles. If you want to leave it use iridium plugs and add .005-.010 to the stock gap. Use only a feeler gauge to measure gap. That extra gap makes hp and more fuel efficient.

Cat back exhaust. Get the junk back pressure oem cans off it.

The above is about a grand and you will get all of that 25hp and more.

Listen. Everyone talks HP. Do you know when HP matters? Foot to the floor top end. You want torque. If you could get 25 lbs of torque, that you will notice.

Theory. HP and torque are plotted in curves. All internal combustion engines the HP AND TORQUE CURVES CROSS AT 5400 RPM. Then torque falls off and HP goes up. How often does your engine see 5400rpm? See? Unless you're racing, build for torque.

Get the ECM a plug in or have a performance chip like Hyper Tech.

• 1 month ago

Altering the chip or software program will produce significant HP changes. BUT, you might not like an engine that rocks like a drag racer. Not going to pass an emissions test either. It takes a lot of skill to reprogram the software on an engine.

• richieo2581 month agoReport

thanks for the answer wasn't looking for a lot of a jump just a bit. thanks again

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No is the short answer.

• boy boy
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

AND THE RIGHT ONE

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Charger is for girlie motherboy types, I can just picture you prancing around in front of the mirror in bra and panties. Oh don't we look so pretty today.

• richieo2581 month agoReport

WOW YOU SOUND HOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If you have not done any regular tune-ups on that 9 year old engine before, probably.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.