Would you trust this bank?

I just want more opinions on this. I had two checking accounts at Flagstar bank here in Michigan. I closed one of them December 28th 2019 because I no longer needed it. All my transactions are now done through my other checking account with them. Last night I checked my online banking and the closed account popped back up with a $11.99 charge from Hulu that posted on 2/19 and has 2/10 in the description. This morning before I called it also had the $36 overdraft fee which confused me because HOW IS ANY OF THIS HAPPENING IF THE ACCOUNT IS CLOSED and there’s no debit card. The first person I spoke to said they could fix the overdraft fee but I would have to go after Hulu for the 1199 they charged into let them know to not charge this account anymore. After checking my account and all the email addresses I’ve ever used, only one has recent Hulu information that was charged to my active checking account on my active debit card a few days ago. Also being that Hulu is a monthly charge why is there no charge for January? I feel like I should switch banks because this seems too fishy for me. What do you guys think?

Side note: I’ve been there for 5 years but I still think I should leave

When I asked how was the account charged I was told they opened it just to charge it and closed it

Favorite Answer

Yes, I would switch banks. Not for the reason you state. But since that account has been closed a while the bank should not be allowing any charges to go through.

• DAVID5 months agoReport

That’s what I was thinking. Especially for a card that has been cancelled for two months 

Hulu did not just guess your bank account number and routing number. You gave them the info and you authorized the charges.

• DAVID5 months agoReport

Hulu doesn’t accept account and touting numbers as far as I know 

I would trust the bank before I trusted an autopay from Hulu or anywhere else.

• DAVID5 months agoReport

The bank literally reopened a closed account let a $12 charge come through on a card that hasn’t existed for two months

"Would you trust this bank?"  Yes.

"Also being that Hulu is a monthly charge why is there no charge for January?"   There is.   They charged you for January and February in February.     You're complaining about being double charged but can't figure out why one charge is missing; 1 + 1 = 2.    This is an issue between you and Hulu. 

• DAVID5 months agoReport

You definitely misread the information