zach asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 2 months ago

Hello; NON-RESPONSIVE EBAY SELLER.?

Recently, I've made a purchase on eBay by mistake, what I mean by "mistake" is thinking that by clicking "purchase", I will see all the info I need about it, as in; item cost+tax+shipping and everything in between.

As you've probably realized, that did not happen, and I've actually paid for the item on the spot.

I tried to cancel the purchase right away, like 2-3 mins afterwards, and the cancellation was later(2 days after the purchase&cancellation date happened)declined by the seller.

Now I know this happens only when the item's already shipped, but I legitimately made the purchase and cancelled it on the spot, what the hell was the seller thinking?

I'm asking if there is any other way to cancel the purchase or do I actually need to wait for the item to (doubtfully)arrive?

Sorry for the wordy question I guess I was just ranting in a way but yeah, I really need help cause I do not that money to be lost.

You'll get what you paid for...you dont get to return or exchange in this case...

You clicked the button that said "purchase"...your ignorance is no excuse.  

Your money won't be lost.  You will receive the item you purchased in exchange.  Expecting to cancel an eBay purchase is RIDICULOUS!  The seller would have lost all other bidders and lost a potential sale, potentially for more money than what might be received later.  eBay would have already (immediately) taken it's percentage for the sale and the seller would have to relist the item.  You are unreasonable and inconsiderate.  How could you even expect to cancel the purchase?  A contract works TWO ways.  You cannot unilaterally cancel a contract.  Shipping IS listed on almost all eBay listings and if it was not, you should have contacted the seller in advance, if you wanted to know before purchasing.  You purchased it - wake up.  Make up your mind next time before you purchase.

Source(s): eBay Buyer & Seller for well over a decade.

I do some ebay selling, I had a guy back out of sale 5 min after purchase telling me it was a mistake, it wasn't the right part he needed, I just agreed to cancer sale he got refund, ebay reimbursed seller fees, I ended up relisting  item, now if item is already shipped out then that's buyers loss not mine. I don't want to be out shipping cost and seller fees over a mistake or  buyers remorse. 

What do the terms and conditions?  Once you click buy, it's yours.  Sellers aren't required to cancel the sale because you made a mistake.

• Scott

Your stupidity is not the seller's problem. You bought the item and it's now your problem, not the seller's.

The seller is not obligated to cancel. They are obligated to send what you paid for. You may or may not have return rights. (if so, you may have to eat shipping costs)

The seller isn't unresponsive.   The seller declined your request to cancel the sale.

"but I legitimately made the purchase"   Agreed.   You bought it, paid for it and now the seller will send it.

The seller isn't under any obligation to take a return in the circumstances you describe.