Hospitals and doctors surgeries are the best places to catch illness, So why don't we wear masks?

Why do millions of us who visit hospitals and doctors surgeries Not/Never wear a mask, as hospitals and surgeries are the Best places to catch illness and viruses? 

Are we all retarded lol?

Most of time I visit hospitals and surgeries I catch something and get ill

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Those masks don't readily stop viral infection and other bacteria from entering our bodies. They can still get through the mask a lot of times.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

The masks are largely ineffectual in preventing you from receiving germs although there may be a little benefit in keeping you from spreading germs.

• 1 month ago

Why not indeed? Why not also wear them in the shopping mall where all those sniffling kids are dashing about carrying whatever diseases they might have. Or on the subway, where people from all walks of life are breathing on us?

My point. There is such a thing as overkill. And wearing masks in hospitals that are sanitary to the best of their knowledge is overkill for the minimum risk. But, hey, if you feel like wearing a mask, I doubt anyone will stop you.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

there's really no point in visiting a sick friend or family member wearing a mask. the patients will feel worse. a better idea might be to have hospitals set up to have visitors visit by Skype, unless absolutely necessary. 

• Edna
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

How would a doctor or a nurse be able to listen to your heart beat, check  your blood pressure and other vital signs, and weigh you by Skype?  Why would a patient want anyone to visit him in a hospital  by Skype? Who's going to pay the extra costs of having a patient's room set up for Skype?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.