Police forces- do they really make 20-27 hourly depending on education and experience? And, would you take a bullet for that much?

The people in the military are willing to take a bullet to keep you free for a lot less than that much..

Everyone from convenience store clerks, to nightclub doormen, to pizza delivery drivers take a calculated risk with violence for a lot less money. Deaths happen on construction sites all the time.  Police officer is far from the most dangerous job in terms of the statistics, have you seen The Most Dangerous Catch? 

Risked taking a bullet for zero cash. But the adrenaline...priceless. Loved Starwars as a kid and as a pensioner it was great to be reminded llwhat life is all about...Ray Sky Walker ....class

WHERE? There are THOUSANDS of police departments in the US and pay structures vary widely.

Frankly, I think $27 is LOW for what they should be paid.

Exactly ZERO officers take a bullet for ANY amount of money. Those that take a bullet, are motivated by something other than money.

• Bruce

Yes, they make that much. 

No, they do not want to take a bullet. 

Police officers in my city make about $60K to $80K to start with. Based on a 2000 hour work year, that's about $30 to $40 per hour. Ranked officers make more.

NOTE: The actual hours worked without overtime and such is about 1800 hours per year. So the hourly rates I cited above are actually higher. I used 2000 for simplicity.

• Buster

People face down a gun for their Iphones in a robbery

It's all relative to where you work and what promotions you get.  It's rare to be involved in a shootout even once in your entire career.   I know cops who make six figures and retire at age 55 with full pension benefits.  

A lot more than that. And yes.

Some make even more. 

And no, I wouldn't take a bullet for that wage. 

Lolz