How do I fix my airpods if one side is louder than the other?

I accidentally dropped my airpods in a pond. After I dried them, the left side was not as loud as the right side. Is there any way I can fix this? I tried restarting, but it is still the same. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

You probably can't fix the AirPods, but you could try a workaround... if you use them with an iPhone:

Settings: Accessibility: Audio/Visual

Scroll down a little and use the "Balance" setting to more evenly distribute the left and right audio levels.

I presume Android has a similar function, but I don't use that smartphone operating system.

Note that water damage can take a little while to actually cause the damaged AirPods to stop working completely. It takes a while for the various electronics inside to corrode due to the exposure to water and deteriorate to the point they don't work at all.

• ...Show all comments
    • L
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Another option: Replace only the problem AirPod. https://support.apple.com/airpods/repair/service

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

balance control

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

you may have to buy new ones

• lare
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

dip the right side in a tub of water until sound is equalized. otherwise time to replace.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Olive
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Here's some solutions can try 1. Turn Bluetooth off then back on--if dont work try this: Take both Airpods and put in charge case now restart phone, now connect just one Airpod to phone then play music then connect other Airpod to phone---if that dont work try this option 1. Put Airpods back in charging case 2. Hold its button in back of charging case for 15 seconds till orange LED light flashes 3. Open case and lay phone next to it till Airpods reconnects

• 1 month ago

Tbh you can’t, my brother dropped his in the sink. The left AirPod wasn’t working, he couldn’t fix it. Your best option is to buy another pair.

• 1 month ago

If theirs permanent hardware damage then the only solution is to go into the accessibility settings on your phone (sound setting on a non ios device) and adjust the volume balance slider so that the left side is louder then the right, in order to offset the difference. Play something in the background and adjust until you get equal sound levels.

• 1 month ago

Airpod 2's or Pros?

• 1 month ago

You dropped electronic gear into a pond?  You should be very thankful they're working at all, and no, there's no way to "fix" them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.