Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 1 month ago

would u date somebody with nut allergy?

i know dis sounds sorta dumb but i just wanna know if its ruins chance or people find not eating nut products hard

Yes. My husband has a food allergy, it's not nuts and he won't go into anaphylactic shock if exposed to it, but it does mean reading ingredient lists, never having the food in our house, and asking restaurants to leave it out. It's a bit of a hassle, but certainly not a deal breaker, nor is it a great sacrifice.

I know people with severe shellfish and nut allergies (four in total) and it's never had any influence on their relationships. In fact, all are in long term relationships.

I think if someone doesn't want to give up nuts for you, then than person probably isn't that into you, and not Mr./Miss Right anyway.

No. I got 2 nuts. If she’s allergic to nuts, she can’t get very close. I heard that it doesn’t take much for a nut allergist to go into shock. 

• Brian

I eat nuts all the time. I would not.