what does it mean ? ".subscribe to a youtube channel"?

whenever I viewed a youtube clip, (it is free of charge),

at the end, there is a request "Want to subscribe to this channel?Sign in to subscribe to this channel."

what does it mean?  If I sign in, then I have to pay??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It means to follow that user so you can find them again from the list on the side + set up alerts so you know when they've posted new content.

Also if they're doing a livestream their channel name appears in your list of subscribed to channels with a red dot next to it.It is free to subscribe, and these days it helps channels to grow as they need a minimum of 1000 subscribers + 4000 hours a year of watch time to get a cut of the advertising revenue from YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mDd9fNuLu4

Youtube thumbnail

They also get an award trophy + extra features for their channel (including better customer service from YouTube) each time they achieve a landmark number of subscribers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uJNC5elPfQ

Youtube thumbnail

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

It means to kiss Millie lips.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

If you have a free YouTube account, it is a way to track any new episodes or new post from that channel.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont think you have to pay, i never did

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No, you don't have to pay. No, subscribing has a button to be clicked on. It just means you are clicking on something that means you will get 'notified' to whenever that YouTuber has posted content. YouTubers use this a way of seeing how well they and their channel is performing. If they get loads of subscribers, it means that loads of people like and would like more of, their content.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.