What can i do if my mom decides to take $100 out of my bank account?

My mom has taken $100 out of my bank account....The only name on the account is mine, Im over 18 (im turning 27),

My mom DID NOT bother to as me if she can take money out of the account before taking the money...She dis not ask me at all.

I never once gave her my bank details and i always make my parents ask me before borrowing my card.

Several years ago when I was in high school (just turned 18) I moved in with a friend's family. The mom acted super nice at first and helped me set up a new bank account but then kicked me out a few days later. When my new card and pin were sent to her address, she took it and withdrew $100 from my bank account. 

This is somewhat different than what has happened to you- but similar in a way. I first complained to my bank and they reimbursed me the $100 but only because after that I went to the police and they found the atm footage of this crazy lady taking my money. She was arrested and booked into jail. So, if you want to pursue that path it is an option. It was a no-brainer for me since she was not MY mom. I can imagine it being a very uncomfortable situation for you. 

• DON W

While others have provided good information about what to do in the future, I'd suggest speaking to your mother to find what is going on.  There may be some emergency you are not aware of, or she may be in trouble that she's not telling you about (such as being scammed by someone).  That doesn't give her permission to take money from you, but unless you are on very bad terms with her, you should find out what is going on.  

Go tell your bank and take out ALL your money and get a NEW bank account that only YOU know about.  KEEP ALL YOUR BANKING RECORDS and signatures for proof of what happened.  Tell your mother either give the money back or you will take her to small claims court.  Do all your banking online so NO paperwork comes to your house and keep all passwords private.  It is $100 this time, what will it be next $200 and the next time $300?  There will be a next time if this time is not stopped.

• John1 month agoReport

Sounds like the mother used his ATM card, so maybe what you're suggesting is a little bit drastic.  Just cancelling the card, changing the PIN and having the new card sent to a different address should be enough.

Change your passwords and don't give them to her again.   Let the $100 go.   She is your mother.

• SheilaK
      1 month agoReport

Stealing is stealing no matter who the person is.

Tricky...how did she gain access to your bank account?  Did you loan her the card and she hit the ATM?  

If you loan her your card regularly...

1. Why?

2. Tougher to claim any fraud or misuse.

Unless you want to get your mom arrested for bank fraud...you do nothing.  

• Judy

Then how did she do it? Complain to your bank.

she can get in trouble for doing that to you

If the bank ALLOWS her to withdraw $100, her name IS on the account.

• Mini
      1 month agoReport

she could have done it at the atm 

Well, apparently you gave her your card number, or else how did she get the money.  I suggest tearing up your atm card, going into the bank and getting a new one with a new number, and don't tell your parents the number.  Option 2 is openiong a 2nd account without a card and leaving almost all your money in it. Kepp the other account and card. If your mom takes your card again she won't be able to get any money cause that account only has $5 in it and she'll give up on getting money from you thinking you dont have any.

well how on earth did she manage to do this without any of your bank details?