Spidey asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

What's a good weight for a 5'7 high school safety?

I was 165 when I was about that height at 14, playing monster (linebacker/safety hybrid; they call it viper now) during my sophomore season.  That was for JVs.  I started both ways for most of the JV games but only got to play tailback in mop-up duty on varsity.  Our varsity starter at monster was a few inches taller and probably 20 pounds heavier.

It you're 5'7 then you will spend the entire game on your butt.  Every player will take a run at you and knock you senseless.  Your only hope is that the other team injures themselves from laughing at you.

• Spidey1 month agoReport

your anonymous you puss shut up

• Cu Tie

There is no minimum weight requirements for a high school safety. In fact, 5'7" is an ideal height for a high school safety. Keep in mind, there are some high school safeties that are shorter than 5 feet and weigh less than 100 pounds.

• Blocking Back
      1 month agoReport

There are no safeties that small.