Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

Is it possible to live another person's life- rather than one's own?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • I certainly would not want to, not in a million years!  I think not.

We have all been given our own unique journey in this life, before we were even born.  How utterly perplexed would we be if we decided to live life - other than given us - I can't even imagine!

I can't even imagine why anyone would even want to.  I understand this may coincide with perhaps; jealousy but,  even this should not encourage one to wish this on themselves.

" Walk a mile in my shoes!" is one good adage to this post.  :D

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • There are lots of theories out there about multiple dimensions.  In some of these theories, they say other versions of ourselves are said to exist and be living out a life of our alternative choices. Some people have even claimed to have run into their other self. Is this intertwined with the theory of doppelganger's? Is this someone else's life or still considered one's own? Food for thought...

• 1 month ago

No, that isn't really possible.

• 1 month ago

Yes it is, when you no longer want 

to have anything to do with your own. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Liz
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

In fiction, anything is likely possible.

• P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, although some try very hard to. All they manage to create is an unreal (and often unconvincing) illusion. Far better to be inspired by the example others set and to use the best of the best to direct your life on your own terms

• 1 month ago

If you feel your life isn't real then it's quite possible you're living something other than your own life. 

• 1 month ago

I suppose it's possible.  Running someone else's life by remote control.  Keeping that person under your roof.  Telling them what they can or can't do.  Making all their important decisions for them--who they can have as friends, where they can go and when, what to wear, how to spend their money.

I finally had to tell my mom she couldn't do it anymore.

• 1 month ago

No, you can't. You only live one life but I like the idea of how to fill other's shoes though.

• Nancy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sort of.  Plenty of people live vicariously, a prime example of which is a parent through a child.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.