Are women and girls in America treated well?

31 Answers

Relevance
  • Carol
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Actually much better than in most other countries.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

they're treated like royalty by the law.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They’re given great leeway to be shallow, unthinking materialists...and corporate America wouldn’t have it any other way. $$$

• 1 month ago

From my experiences as a non-American tourist, they seem to be treated well. They're given opportunities to get an education and work, guys listen to what they have to say. I've seen many American women work up the corporate ladder while being respected and left alone. 

I can't speak for all American women but in general they're highly regarded as smart and capable.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No.   They are taught from babyhood to shut up and put up.

• 1 month ago

It varies. If she is well educated and has access to resources (that usually means money), she usually does better than a woman with little education and lacks resources. 

• 1 month ago

It depends entirely on the girl's/woman's environment: family, class, race, religion, etc.

Early environment, family and social contacts, can strongly affect a person's sense of self-worth which, in turn, affects how they "greet" the world, and then how they are treated.

Certain careers and professions foster equality more than others. That also affects how women are treated, and whether or not they can advance in their workplace.

So, the answer is definitely: it depends.

• ctc453
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I wish. We have sexism and income inequality. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why yes.  We have many laws advantaging females over males.  

• Elana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In comparison to whom?

Even under the Trump administration, generally, younger women are treated better than younger men in the US.  But life is riddled with exceptions.

• ...Show all comments
    • UV1 month agoReport

Pretty sure Women in general are protected more in America than Men. Yes, the attack on birth control and women sexuality was a blow to women rights BUT when it comes to rights as a whole, nothing protects a man against a woman. We can't even convict a woman of rape; they just get away with it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.