Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

What is wrong with this young man?

I came across this young man on Facebook (won't say his name) who is 22 years old and lives in Florida. He is completely obsessed with cartoon characters and posts pics and videos of them, drawings he makes of them, pics of him with costumed characters at Disney World, and pics of him dressed up as cartoon characters (even female ones like Minnie Mouse and the bunny from Zootopia). I had a chat with him on FB and asked him what he did for a living and he said he's on SSB (Social Security Benefits) because he has autism. Since he's not working, I asked him what he did throughout his days, and he said he watches cartoons and Disney movies, plays with his toys (he has a huge collection of plush dolls and action figures), wears costumes, roleplays, goes to toy stores, and visits Disney World multiple times a week (how in the world is he able to afford to go there on SSB?!). I told him he needs to grow up, get a job, and start acting like a man, but he just got mad and blocked me. His FB followers seem to adore him but I think he's very immature. He acts like he's living in a fantasy world and doesn't care a bit about real life! What is he going to do when he's older? He ain't gonna look cute dressed as Minnie Mouse when he's 30... I wouldn't be surprised if his parents still support him in any way. He needs to wake up, accept that he's not a child anymore, and that he can't continue living like this! He needs to grow up and be a real man!

Now, what do you think about him?

• Alan H
    Favorite Answer

It is not for me, or anyone else to pass judgement

Leave well alone

• dman63

Why would you be so concerned about someone whom you’ve only encountered on Facebook?  How he lives his life is his own business, and not something you really need to bother with.  Go and live your own life and don’t worry about strangers on social media.

I wonder why you're so bothered; it seems this issue is more about you than him.