Are you more likely to experience a paranormal event if you are frightened?

Is there evidence of this correlation or evidence against it?

Mindless fanatics of all types are ruled by emotions, thus they cannot be reasonable and objective. Emotional people most likely to imagine they see things that not exist. Religions, politics, PeTA,  people who claim they experience paranormal events and other frauds arouse hysteria to stop people from being reasonable and objective. 

The best way to find out would be to round up a couple of paranormal enthusiasts whilst they were out having a good time and use electro therapy on their brains whilst making them jump . You could measure the size of their noses at the same time for, well for good measure 

• Megumi

You are much more likely to imagine you experience a paranormal event when you are seized by strong emotions. Emotions are immature and primitive, so they prevent you from being reasonable and objective and thus much more prone to imagine things that do not exist. 

• Garrett
      4 weeks agoReport

Her boyfriend is a very strong giant. You certainly do not want him to come after you. I taught him Martial Arts. 

• Dr. NG

In a way, yes, say a person is frightened of mice and they need to go in a room "known" to be infested with mice. Opening the door, unseen a dry leaf skitters loudly across the floor. Will they believe it a mouse and react? 

Now imagine a believer frightened of ghosts needs to enter a room "known" to be haunted by ghosts. Should an unseen leaf skitter across the floor, there's a good chance that person will think it a ghost. Possibly becoming convinced they've had a paranormal experience. 

Now suppose Mr. P you or I were entering rooms "known" to be haunted. Having no fear of ghosts or mice we'd hear the sound, walk-in, look around and quickly figure it out. Same circumstances but with different people coming up with two different explanations. Only one correct, but both equally "true" to those people.

• Dr. NG
      1 month agoReport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihiq3Lyv5Lo

Absolutely yes.  Especially considering that the vast majority of paranormal events are actually the result of an over-active imagination.  Any serious paranormal researcher will agree with that.  I'm not talking about those clowns on TV who film everything at night in green-o-vision, I said serious researchers.

When people are in a state of fear, like for example after watching a few too many supernatural thriller movies and then realizing they're alone at 2AM, they're far more likely to see things in the shadows.  And sounds that would be completely normal any other time tend to sound much more sinister.

• English Guy
      2 weeks agoReport

Nobody is interested in the majority that are false. We are interested in the minority that aren't Same with mediums. Mention them to Gary K and off he goes to find a story of a medium who was caught running a racket??? I could show him the one that went to jail in any profession So why beats me.

• 👻

No, it’s actually quite the opposite, when you’re open to spirits, they will be open to you. Sure, I’m sure there’s cases of those who can sense regardless of their emotions, but I think you must be open to it typically.

• It's a well known fact that evil spirits feed on fear. 

But then it's also a well known fact that unicorns poop rainbows.

• Gary K

Possibly, especially if you are superstitious and prone to magical thinking. 

There is neurological research looking at why people see "paranormal phenomenon", probably not so specific to your question; use your google. 

It seems to be that you experience events if you accept that paranormal activities are real. My wife is religious  (I am not but I know that there is more around us) and she said that she never experienced more occurrences in my house than anywhere else. 

That comes along with theories of Thomas Campbell. 

• NONAME

you are more likely to think that you experienced a paranormal event..when you are frightened...