Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

why does my boyfriend stay with me still?

i honestly dont get it. im a literal lunatic, im an alcoholic, im absolutely gross, and yet he stays with me. he deserves better but he wont listen to me when i try to tell him that. i just want him to be happy and im not sure he can do that with me. i just got sick in his own brothers bathroom while we’re house sitting for christs sake. 

i just dont know how to reason with him. he deserves someone who can support him as mich as he supports my hopeless self. 

• If your boyfriend sticks with you through all that, he is a keeper. I think instead of you telling us what a mess you are, and trying to get someone to leave you when they dont want to, you should be trying to improve yourself for him and make yourself someone worthy of being with him. If you love him, don’t you want to be someone who takes care of themselves and has their life together? If you don’t want to do it for yourself, do it for him. 

• Ana

Why don’t you stop feeling sorry for yourself/him and actually go to AA?

Alcoholics Anonymous exists. They’re a thing. Go to some meetings!

Clearly you and him get along.

Either get help and make some changes to improve yourself. Or breakup with him and still get help.