Recommendations of something which I can use to give food the flavor of cheese?

I am trying to eat less cheese, because of the saturated fat.  Does anyone have recommendations, which will make food taste good and like cheese? I'm looking for flavors like cheddar, mixed italian and cream cheese. Thank you! 

• denise

Well in a cheese sauce,  that I'm making and I'm short of cheese, adding mustard to it brings the cheese flavour out in it.

Sour cream / Crème fraiche + chopped chives & a pinch of salt makes a passable 'cream cheese' topping for a baked potato or a tasty dip.

• Janet

Try low-fat cheeses. Reduced fat.

You can try the non-dairy vegan cheese. They do not melt well, but work well in sandwiches.

"Nutritional yeast" has limited applications, but sprinkled on popcorn or added to sauces, will give a cheddar-like flavor. It is high in the Vitamin B's. Although it is a yeast product, it cannot be used to make dough rise nor to ferment juices. it comes in think small flakes. The hippies living off the land in the Ozarks would sprinkle soy sauce and nutritional yeast on their popcorn instead of butter and salt.

Apparently nutritional yeast gives food a cheesy flavor and texture, I have seen vegan youtubers making mac and cheese and adding it for the cheesy vibe they want.

It’s best to avoid obsessing about what you can’t have and explore other flavors, using inion, garlic, and even strong hard cheese like Asiago or locatelli which can be used sparingly and still impart the taste.

You can use Nutritional Yeast. Nutritional yeast doesn't taste like yeast. It tastes nutty, cheesy and delightfully creamy. Many vegans use it as a cheese flavoring substitute, adding it to gravies, sauces, and mac n' cheese dishes.

Cheese is the only food that will give food a cheese flavor. Why not just stop eating so much cheese?