Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Do you think President Sanders has a snowball's chance in hell of implementing Medicare for all?

Indeed, I do.

Bernie is the ONLY politician I trust, and he's pretty badass.

• zeno

No. If it does our county will go into bankruptcy

And you and everyone else will be homeless

With no money to buy food or anything else

Just like socialism bankrupted Venezuela. But

Of course you have been brain wasted not to

Believe that. So explain how capitalism bankrupted Venezuela as it was removed by Maduro

When he took office? Good luck lying your

Way into that answer. Socialist caused it. Period.

He has less of a chance of winning the election.

It works in the rest of the world.

Single payer is definitely in our nation's future.  Trump and his hand maidens in Congress have been a miserable failure at holding down and/or reducing medical costs in the U.S.  Every other industrialized nation on Earth has figured out how to offer affordable, quality health care to all its people.  There is no reason we in the U.S. can't do the same.

No, but he can put back the mandate and tax credits, Trump used executive orders to take away, and then work on improving the exchange part of the ACA. Put more money into Medicaid.

He's really old and has a bad heart.  Both he and Biden will be snowflakes in Hell before the election.

• Ann

That issue should be something for people to vote on, because it would impact the financial infrastructure of the country.  Somebody has to pay for that, and guess who it would be.  Yep--you and me.  We might end up like Sweden, Denmark, and The Netherlands.  They have universal health care (basically the same thing as Medicare for all), and while their citizens can show a card and get their medical care done, they have a tax base of 50% or better to pay for it.  Also, people in countries with universal health care (Canada, for example) have to wait their turn to get surgeries done and other non-emergency conditions taken care of.  I have a Canadian friend who comes to the U.S. to have surgeries, because she would have to wait at last six months to see a surgeon.  When I visited Aruba (a Dutch colony) several years ago, I heard the same thing.  They have universal health cards they can present at dr. offices and hospitals, but then they have to wait and wait to actually be treated.  It takes weeks or months to get appointments.  I hate having to pay insurance premiums, and Big Pharma is killing us with their drug prices, but at least I can get in to see my dr.  

• Ann
      1 month agoReport

My info was from my Canadian friend and from asking questions in Aruba, both places that have universal medical care. I've read articles in U.S. Outlook, Newsweek and Time about Scandinavian countries and their medical systems/tax laws.  I don't listen to Hannity or Fox News. 

• Pat

Sure.

As soon as he stops calling it "Medicare for All".

I think he would have a chance if he would allow people to keep their employment based health insurance and make M4A an option. Let the people decide.