I'm thinking I may be facing loading W.10 given my Bank is now posting warning notices re continuing with W.7. I loaded W.10 when it was?

being offered for Free, but so hated it, I uninstalled it and reloaded W.7. Can I now load W.10 again for free, and if so, how can I find out whether I can, for free?

I really need to know where, on my system, I can find the necessary confirmation that I can load W.10 without paying?

Favorite Answer

When you installed the free upgrade earlier, a digital license was created on the Microsoft server. This process allows for those of us (including you) who upgraded from Win 7 or Win 8 to Win 10, to always have access to that license in case you needed to reinstall Win 10 one day. This is so if you needed to reinstall Win 10 you wouldn't need to install Win 7 and then upgrade again. So even tho you reinstalled Win 7, your digital license for Win 10 is still there on their server. 

All you need to do is download the media creation tool so that you can install Win 10. That is here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/...

I found you a link with some easy step-by-steps on the process so you can easily print them off for reference to use while doing your upgrade. That is here

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/...

If you need confirmation on the fact you can reinstall Win 10 again for free on your computer, here is a link

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/...

• Verulam 1
      1 month agoReport

Thanks for all this information - I still think I will get my IT man in town to do the actual installing!!

• L.N.

If you have previously installed it on that PC and have not made any significant hardware changes since you uninstalled it, you will have a digital license registered with Microsoft and can use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to make an installation CD or thumb drive. It is an online program that downloads the Windows 10 installer and writes it to your media which you can then use to either make a clean install or perform an upgrade of your Windows 7 installation and end up with a legal, activated copy of Windows 10.

• Adrian

If the bank's internal security is so weak they have to rely on MS operating systems for protection, I'd change banks...

• Verulam 1
      1 month agoReport

It's one of the major banks and I think this is just them covering themselves should anybody's system be hacked and all their money taken.  Chances are Banks won't be required to refund monies taken. Eventually Banks won't allow people with W7 to operate their a/cs online.

It may not be too late to upgrade again. You should give it a try-

Another possibility?- Linux. Depending on what you do with your computer- you may can do well with Linux Mint or Ubuntu, and there are several more that are available for free. You need to determine whether or not you really need Windows? If you need it- then go for 10. If not- then try Linux. I tried Ubuntu back in 2008.....and I am still using it today, a newer version though.

You do not have to be a techno-geek to use Linux. Many versions are far easier to deal with than windows. I never learned how to type code in the command line or use the terminal- I still do not know how to do all that. But I don't need to- Linux (then one I use) is just point and click with the mouse or touchpad- no need to understand code.

Think about it- need windows?- then go for 10.

If not- think about Mint or Ubuntu.

It may be too late trying to do this through Microsoft. But search Google, there may be a way.