How to divide a bedroom?

My mum me and my sister are moving to a two bedroom flat, my mum is making me and my sister share a room. I don’t mind that but I’m going to be 17 and I have a boyfriend so I need my privacy. I need ideas on how to divide a bedroom cheaply and giving me as privacy as possible. She also wants me to share a bed with my sister (14 turning 15) which is completely out of the question. So also any ideas on how to make the best out of a small space with two beds and a division :) thank you so much for any help

A folding screen will work.  As for your boyfriend.............he does NOT belong in your bedroom.

Right now you are 16.  Yes, nearer to 17 than your sister but right now you are JailBait.(mom's responsibility)  Not old enough to do anything.  Do you want privacy?  Then rent a motel room. Or get a richer bf who can rent a Hotel room.

First off, if you wish to have privacy when you are with your boyfriend, you DO NOT and WILL NOT have any privacy in your bed with your sister just feet away.  So, if you really want privacy with your boyfriend, go someplace else other than the bedroom you share with your little sister.  Good Grief, have some class and at least some respect for yourself and that of your sister.  

For sleeping and dressing privacy in the room that is also your sister's, I would put up either a curtain or some sort of room dividing screen.  There are ceiling drapery tracks you can install to hang curtains from in order to get visual privacy.

Any privacy will only be visual because unless you build a wall, there will be no audio privacy, so any noises, talking or cell phone conversations will be heard by your sister.

If you really wan to be totally alone with your boyfriend, that is not going to happen in your bedroom when your sister is there as well.  Therefore, go elsewhere if you want to be alone with your boyfriend.

A "?" at the end of a sentence does not make it interrogative.

• Elaine

Get twin beds.  As for the boyfriend- rent a hotel room.  

i shared a room with my twin sister growing up, we had the time of bed that you pulled out and they were together but they were our own beds, you could try asking your parents to do that

You don't need any special privacy. You are lucky to have a bedroom. As I was growing up I did not have a bedroom or any real privacy. I got to sleep on a couch in the living room. I managed to survive the situation and become a normal adult. 

.......bunk beds........no boyfriend sleepovers

Siblings have managed to share space without killing each other for most of the time humanity's lived indoors. Your college dorm room will be shared and small, too.

What activities do you and she feel most need separating? Sleep? Study? idle space for drawing, dancing, music? Arrange the room accordingly.

My roommates and I decided sleep could be close, so we'd put the beds in a corner in an L shape, the foot of each bed touching the other. The chests of drawers at the foot of each, then a gap and our desks and some open area that was not shared, for each of us. When it was allowed, we used folding screens, curtains, or found other ways to divide the room visually and get some privacy. Turning a desk to face a wall is surprisingly private.

You're both going to have to be considerate about noise, light, and basic courtesies in a shared space.

I expect your boyfriend doesn't merit accommodation in a shared bedroom.

• Lili

Buy pretty folding screens to put up between the beds and maybe at the foot of each bed. They can be moved around as you require. You can also use them to put pictures on, hang souvenirs of experiences, etc.

Another possibility would be bookcases.  They're less easy to move around though.

But I hope you don't think you can be sleeping with your boyfriend with your sister in the room, because that's not on.

I know lots of people who shared rooms with younger siblings growing up. It's normal and common.  But no, you need twin beds, so you'll each have your own.