Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

Who is the better singer, Bob Dylan or Paul Simon?

Bob Dylan is a good singer. He is underrated. I rate him higher than Paul Simon, Pete Townshend, Richard Thompson and Bruce Springsteen.

I noticed how well he sang in the Freewheelin Bob Dylan album.

Favorite Answer

Bob Dylan. In my opinion, Paul Simon is nothing special. His music, including his singing, is very forgettable for me. I think the quality of Bob Dylan's voice and singing peaked around the same time of his lyrics: around 1963-1966. I don't know if it was the smoking, just the natural process of aging, or something else, but I think his voice deteriorated quite a bit and at a more rapid pace than the average singer.

Dylan can't really sing, but he sure rights great songs and sings them well ;)

Paull Simon's songs are easy listening and to sing-along.

Marilyn Manson!!!!!!!

Paul Simon is the better singer, but Dylan is a great songwriter.

In my opinion Simon is average and Dylan is below average. I think Dylan's son Jakob is a better singer than both of them.

• Tony B

There’s no contest. Bob Dylan is a terrible singer - that's not where his talent lies.

I wouldn't say I considered Paul Simon to be anything special when it comes to singing but he's a lot better than Dylan!

I'd say Paul Simon was the better guitar player too but, like I said, neither of them are highly regarded because of their singing or instrumental abilities.