Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

Who is the better singer, Bob Dylan or Paul Simon?

Update:

Bob Dylan is a good singer. He is underrated. I rate him higher than Paul Simon, Pete Townshend, Richard Thompson and Bruce Springsteen.

Update 2:

I noticed how well he sang in the Freewheelin Bob Dylan album.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Bob Dylan. In my opinion, Paul Simon is nothing special. His music, including his singing, is very forgettable for me. I think the quality of Bob Dylan's voice and singing peaked around the same time of his lyrics: around 1963-1966. I don't know if it was the smoking, just the natural process of aging, or something else, but I think his voice deteriorated quite a bit and at a more rapid pace than the average singer.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Dylan can't really sing, but he sure rights great songs and sings them well ;)

Paull Simon's songs are easy listening and to sing-along.

• 1 month ago

Marilyn Manson!!!!!!!

• 1 month ago

Paul Simon is the better singer, but Dylan is a great songwriter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

In my opinion Simon is average and Dylan is below average. I think Dylan's son Jakob is a better singer than both of them.

• Tony B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There’s no contest. Bob Dylan is a terrible singer - that's not where his talent lies.

I wouldn't say I considered Paul Simon to be anything special when it comes to singing but he's a lot better than Dylan!

I'd say Paul Simon was the better guitar player too but, like I said, neither of them are highly regarded because of their singing or instrumental abilities.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.