Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 2 months ago

Do I have prediabetes?

I’m a slightly overweight 23 year old. I slept for like 8 hours and then ate a Jimmy Johns sandwich and suddenly went into a food coma and fainted 

• TedEx

Half the people in the United States are ""pre diabetic" 

Doubtful that you'd know if you have gone into a "food" or any other types of coma or fainted BECAUSE of a SANDWICH (or anything else for that matter, without a battery of expensive testing and imaging. 

And as far as I know, sudden fainting or food comas, are not symptoms of pre-diabetes or anything else. But if at all worried, go see a doctor, explain in detail your reaction to the meal, and get ready for testing. 

I'm afraif that NO-ONE could tell you that, my friend without you having your blood sugar (glucose) level checked, so you'll need to see your doctor, a pharmacist/chemist, or someone with a blood glucose meter that KNOWS how to correctly carry out blood glucose testing AND knows how to correctly interpret the results.

• ?

Could be. Go see a doctor