Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 month ago

Trying for a baby?

Can anyone suggest anything to help? We’ve tried tracking periods and fertile days, having sex as often as possible! A friend of mine said I should start taking the pill for a little and then come off it apparently that helps because I would be more fertile? Feel like no matter how hard we try it just fails 😕

I have known a couple since we were in high school, and now in our late 20's, they had tried achieving pregnancy for over a year, and no luck. So, they got serious and he was checked out physically, and mostly shot blanks. When it was determined he was not fertile, they approached me for help. Yes, I donated, and they were pregnant within the month. They enjoy a boy, soon to be 3 years of age, and you might pursue such a journey, so time to determine fertilty, and make a baby.

• Mr. L.

I’m going to tell you what my wife and I did after trying for a year, no BS.

We both got bonuses from our jobs and booked a trip to Montreal Ca.  Once there they had a record snowfall, we got stuck in our hotel for at least 18-20 hours a day for 3 days.  I joked to the one of the hotel mangers we were trying to get pregnant, she had housekeeping put 4 extra pillows on our bed and she left a little note, “Put the pillows under your wife’s bottom during and after.”  

Nine months later we had our daughter Natalie.  That was 25 years ago.

One other thing, I thought was really cute, the manager left a note on the TV, “I’ll waive all the adult entertainment TV charges for your stay, good luck.”

Make sure your partner is fertile. Don't take their word for it. Have the doctor send the results to you. Lots of partners are more than happy to keep trying while knowing full well that no baby will be coming.

Stop Trrying... just let god decide when you get preg. 

Your friend's advise is not true advise and you should totally ignore what your friend said because it is not only not true, it is stupid to put chemicals in your  body that you don't need.

I do not know how long you have been trying, but unless it has been years, that can be pretty normal for some couples.

If you have been trying for over two years, I would certainly get fertility tests done for both you and your partner, to start with.  This procedure can give you an answer that will allow you to either eliminate infertility or deal with it in a professional way.

Hold the man's nuts for a while, make sure he doesn't masturbate as this is sinful and will reduce likelihood of fertilisation. As a woman you can also drink a cocktail of apple juice, bicarbonate of soda and ginger twice a day to help preserve the egg. 

-Mrs Pot 

• Sassy4 weeks agoReport

Dumb advice 

• patty

go to dr to get everything checked out

See a doctor.  There may be medical issues involved.

• edward

Stop trying. It worked for my friends. For a long time they wanted a kid, seemed to try everything, when they started to accept it wasn’t happening they were blessed. But the did try everything except IVF

• LizB
      1 month agoReport

Your friends were the exception, not the rule. If "just stop thinking about it and will happen" actually worked for everyone, fertility clinics wouldn't exist.

😉Go see a fertility specialist