Why won't my power windows go up?

I was backing my car (toyota camry) out of my garage when I forgot to close the driver's side door. Now the window won't go up straight, no matter how much i pull on it. What could be broken?

You left out the part where you smashed the car door into the side of the garage door..Go to a body shop and have it looked at. They'll tell you what you need fixed.

Sounds like the rubber band broke. (Old saying for cheap rice burners) Common problem for Toyota's. Driver side window is usually the first to go. Likely have to replace the window mechanism which you can do or pay someone to do for maybe $300 parts and labor. If you do it yourself, you'll cut the cost in half.

You need a new widow regulator. I'd buy the one that has the motor with it motor

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

See a mechanic.  Window panel must be removed to troubleshoot what is wrong.  We are just guessing.

The inner mechanism. Take it in for repair, and pay more attention next time. Car repairs can be costly.

It sounds like the glass is off the rail/track/bracket. Sometimes pulling it up will correct it. If not, you'll have to remove the panel to correct it. Watch a couple YouTube videos for the process. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to fix.

Most of the time it's a bad switch. See this post on how to test

https://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/window-goes-...

• martin

The door may have to be disassembled so that you or a mechanic can see the workings of parts inside the door, and fix or replace some parts pertaining to the window.

• .

You probably need a new regulator.

• L.N.

Sounds like it popped out of the track or broke a roller in the regulator.