Shipping items to Italy?

I’m moving to Italy from USA, but I don’t have a mailing address yet, and I want to ship some of my items ahead of time, mainly some clothes and jackets, instead of bringing them with me on my flight.  Is there a service that will allow me to mail items to Italy, and pick them up at a physical location?  Or some sort of PO Box type service like in the USA?  

Favorite Answer

If you’re moving in or close to a major city then you can rent a storage unit and arrange with them for an additional charge to receive and store your items.

Or you can contact Italian removals companies who deal with international relocations and make the same arrangements with them. 

• DEBS

When you land, where are sleeping that night?  Assuming you know that ahead of time, discuss with them to hold your package.  

• Andrew

Just make sure you get it insured theft is a major problem in Italy especially with all the African migrants I know it's sounds racist but it's a fact

i would ask the post office if you can do that and just pick it up at the post office there