Wolf Guy asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 months ago

5min of jog per day too low?

Dont make funny of me please ahah. Im 20 years old, 110lbs and short in height. I'm beginning to go jog a bit every morning and I jog for about 5min (the time it takes to go around my neighbourhood). 

I plan to double that after a week or so.

Let me inform you that my cardio sucks ahah and I was never really a fan of it.

Favorite Answer

No, it's a great start!! That's exactly how one of my best friends started jogging - she did half a mile (5-6 minutes) every day and kept gradually increasing her distance and pace when it started getting too easy. Now she runs 2-3 miles every other day I believe just to maintain her weight and stay healthy. I've been a runner my whole life so I love seeing people motivated to start jogging no matter where they start. Hope you end up loving it :)

Honestly, 5 min isn't doing much for you, but if that is what you can do right now, then you do it and build up.

No, it's actually good to build up your cardio over time rather than going straight into a 45 minute jog every morning like some people do lol.