Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

WTF Do i say to where do i see myself in 5 years?

I don't plan that far ahead, i'm applying to a job at burger king, you would think they of all people know that's pretty much rock bottom. Why do they want to know, what business is it of theirs? Why do i even have to know WTF even is this BULLSHIT

• Foofa

If you want the job you're supposed to say, "In five years I see myself managing one of your fine restaurants and maybe even striving to join corporate". Doesn't have to be true, but if you're trying to work in minimum wage fast food you'd better start thinking about the future 'cause you won't have one if that's as far forward as you can plan.

• A.J.

Success is achieved by plans and executing those plans. You do not state your age, because it is one thing to apply for a low wage relatively low skill job that technology can eliminate that job, if it is extra money, but another thing to make it your career for life to support yourself. Every successful business and individual has plans and without them you fall into a day by day rut, and begin to hate your job and life.

Even applying, doesn't mean they hire you.

The question is not for anyone but yourself, or anyone who financially supports you because at 18 years old, that support could be ended.

They say 5 years, but there should be a flexible life plan even if you change it as a better path is found.

Picture yourself in 5, 10, 20, 40, 60 years. What do you see for your life?

Is the plan to work until you die? Do you count on a disaster that kills us all? Is the great plan to rely on winning a huge lottery ticket?

Of course you only have a first step, and it is not other people's business what you want out of life. But, it should be your concern.

I have written something I believe in that I will repeat.

There are only two absolutely sure things in life.

One is DEATH. We try not to think about it, but it does relate to the value of time. It is not unlimited. We don't know when and how, but we know time has value.

The other is CHANGE. No matter how things are now, no matter who you are, things change. With this second one, there are changes we cannot control and changes we can influence or make happen. The five year plan is get some control over the changes.

• Burgoo

"head Onion Ring Maker"

They ask that as a trick question. So say  working here still, and hopefully going to school. That way they wont think you're a bullshitter.

I hate how they ask "tell me about yourself", at micro manager jobs.

You're there to work and get paid, not play 20 questions.

I've lost interviews over the dumbest corporate common core questions. I've learned what to say now.

Be a sheep.

You are going to slave off for minimum wage. They know that. So just act like you will be on time and work well.

People cussing usually cannot get jobs! 

My Burger King has closed up. 

Pray to GOD and look ahead. 

• Vyzedrix1 month agoReport

Bruh thats not an answer, an answer would be like... "being that guys boss" *point to closest employee*