How much is too much coffee and caffeine?? 10 points!!?

I typically drink 2 cups of coffee and 2 cups of tea in a day,  5 days a week. Is this too much caffeine?

Favorite Answer

Well, I'm on day 5 of detoxing from 2 straight weeks of idk for sure, but like 8 cups or more coffee a day for sure. I already have insomnia and it didn't make much of a difference with that, but the last few days I've been stretching like crazy and d*mn does it feel good every single time I do it. Too much coffee and your entire body becomes a fist...even if you don't realize it. Stop the caffeine...which may give you headaches (but I've gone on and off VERY high doses for considerable amounts of time over and over so often that I don't get headaches from it)...and you'll feel an amazing sense of relaxation. Seriously.

Also, https://www.caffeineinformer.com/death-by-caffeine if you want an very close actual number of caffeinated drinks per brand/type of drink, based on your weight, that it would take to reach toxic levels.

2 cups of coffee is not a toxic level, unless you weigh like 3 pounds or some other impossible small number. I know, sometimes I drink so much coffee I feel like I'm drunk (why is the room so bright and blurry) and maybe I've come close to a toxic level, but other than not being able to move my body as fast as my caffeinated brain tells me to, I haven't had any real problems other than people looking at me funny as I walk 100 mph everywhere I go, lol Also, I have ADHD and that much caffeine ramps my brain up into fully functional mode...which isn't what happens with non-ADHD people most of the time. So, too much (assuming it's not a toxic level) may be completely different for you than me even if our weight was the same...caffeine=my brain is now working for me, but the same level may make you too jittery and your brain have too many racing thoughts (which I live with not even on caffeine) to function. Don't know for sure, but check out the link above.With ADHD (meaning coffee lover, lol) my normal state is like someone who's had three full cups of coffee, one after the other, so caffeine on top of that...BAM! I'm the flash. My point is, I've had very high doses (WAY over 2 cups, sometimes over 10 even) for very long periods of time with no issues. That doesn't mean you should do the same, it just means that 2 cups of coffee followed by 2 cups of tea is nothing. You'll be fine unless you pour some kind of poison into it or whatever or chop an entire blow fish up and drop it in, lol

Oh, and p.s. I only stop drinking coffee so I can rebuild my tolerance because, after while, there's not enough hours in the day to drink as much as I need to reach the same level, lol

Seems excessive unless needing to be alert 24 / 7. Much of my work is fast-paced, 

and have projects keeping me up at all hours but try limiting myself to 300mg a day. 

4 cups is fine. The tea has less caffeine.

• Murzy

Not at all too much.

No, you'll be fine. Many people drink this much and more.

• Notatroll1 month agoReport

Yeah, like me! 8 - 12 a day almost every day...until I stop cold turkey to rebuild my tolerance and start all over again.