Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

I have a chance of becoming rich from options trading in 5years, but I could also educate myself straight ahead.?

I have an options strategy that could make me rich in 5 years, I could also educate my self to become a real estate agent straightened ahead, which should be my priority?

• Who

there is a chance of anything you can think of

the only question is - how much of a chance?

there is a chance you could put a few $s on a lottery and become really rich by the weekend - but the odds of doing this are hundreds of millions against

only you can decide whether to take chance or to study cos only you can decide how much chance you got by trading

There is no way that you can educate yourself in either of those fields.  No way in Options and no way in real estate, although you could study real estate material and take the test, and see if you pass.  Even IF you pass, it is unlikely that any real estate company would take you on without formal training.  I'd make Options a priority, but get professional training.  If you don't do it right, you will waste a lot of time and time is money, and you won't make the right choices either, without formal training.  Real estate, you won't make money until you have been with a company for two full years.  There's a lot to learning the ropes.

Source(s): Forex was my first choice. Then I switched to Options. There's plenty of money to be made - doing it right. Real Estate is finicky. You might make it; you might not. Friends & extended family in the business, some of which failed miserably.

"I have an options strategy that could make me rich in 5 years" - Yeah, I'll bet. 

I suggest going the real estate agent option. If you insist on options trading, then you can still try real estate agent, or something else, after you lose all you money.

I've been in the securities business for over 45  years, part of senior management in a trading firm and exposed with options since 1961 - never met an option trader who had a successful strategy for trading or anyone who had a successful trading strategy.

Good luck, you'll need it

Source(s): from The Street
    • babyboomer1001
      1 month agoReport

That's because you don't fix what ain't broke. Coming up with your own strategy isn't very smart.

If you  think you have come up with a "new" or "secret" options trading strategy you are wrong. Options have been around for hundreds of years, although they have been periodically banned in different markets at different times. Any options strategy that is at like likely to make you rich in five years is a high risk strategy. 

I suggest concentrating on education. Education on both options and real estate are readily available, although not always from reputable sources. (The "Trump University" scandal is just one example of a less than reputable source.) I do not know enough about investing in real estate to recommend any specific education program.

For options I would recommend the Options Institute at 

http://www.cboe.com/education/getting-started/prog...

and the book "Option Volatility & Pricing" by Sheldon Natenberg.

If we are talking about options trading vs real estate...if you are really good at options...real estate wouldnt be on your radar...

I'm guessing you just dont have the capital to take any serious positions...meaning go work as an RE agent until you do have the cash to make meaningful investments. 

• martin

Take the options strategy, keep your fingers crossed, and save yourself a lifetime of headaches as a real estate agent.

You also have a chance of finding a lost da Vinci Masterpiece in your attic, but I wouldn't plan my financial future on it. Much like first contact with the enemy and military plans, strategies often die with first contact with a bear market.  If being a real estate agent seems enjoyable to you, do that. 

You also have a chance of becoming poor from options trading in 5 years.  

If you aren't an experienced options trader, one of those outcomes is much more likely than the other.  

There is a 99.99% chance you fail at making much money from options let alone get rich.