I need Section 8 housing I am I disabled senior low income I need a place to live as soon as possible I need help how do I get on the list?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You are among the 10s of thousands of people across the country waiting for a section 8 voucher...they arent unlimited and there is a huge wait list pretty much everywhere. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

in most areas, you needed to get on the wait list years ago.  In NJ, the list opened about a year ago and many people, including seniors and disabled did not even get on the wait list.

1st thing you need to check is to see if you can get on the wait list.

you need to look into alternate affordable housing.  many states have separate senior or low income housing programs.

you may need to find roommates for now.

why is it as soon as possible?  what is changing with your situation?

some programs give priority once you become homeless.

• 1 month ago

You are going to have find something else for a while.  Waiting lists are roughly 3 years to 13 years.  They do not move people around on the list based on any priority except the end of the line.

• 1 month ago

Section 8 is not a quick solution. The waiting list can be as long as 10 yr.  Some areas are not even taking applications. 

You have to go to the local housing authority for your county & apply.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Call your local housing authority but in many places they don't even accept applications anymore ......expect to be on a very very long waiting list.

• Mark
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You need to contact your local housing agency.  You may also check locally to see if there is subsidized senior housing available that is based on income.

https://www.hud.gov/topics/rental_assistance

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.