Misty
Misty asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

How to best respond?

My husband and daughter and I were at the dermatologist's office the other day and he said I should have a skin treatment. I thought about it and didn't want to get it so I called to cancel the appt. I had made. His nurse called me back and started to seemingly "yell" at me saying "this could be dangerous, you need that treatment" and was very definitely yelling. I remained calm but her style was making me nervous. I hung up feeling really bad about myself since she seemed so unhappy with the decision. Yet, it is my decision, not her's. When someone yells at you, what is the best approach to take. I was too afraid to say anything and that's coming from an adult. I think it was a natural response. To kind of retreat. But now I feel hurt by her demeanor. I did call back and reschedule the appt. and I likely will run into her. Some people get nasty over these things but I would like to handle it maturely. I won't get nasty but I think I should get off my chest how she came across and why it was difficult to talk to her because of the yelling. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I think I would have asked her why it was so important in the first place. As far as her yelling you should tell her that she should never call you again if she plans to act like that. I'd also mention the incident to the doctor. He should know what kind of people he has working for him. They are supposed to be representing him to his patients. He would probably like to know how he is being represented.

• Nom

if someone yelling at you makes you nervous and youre so docile and timid you should just stay in the house.

There's more to this story.  Let's hear it.

• Damien

whats the treatment for? is it a health issue or just for skin appearance?they want your money thats why the nurse is angry, its your choice.