Does the higher amount you invest in stock, the higher the returned profit? ?

lets Say I invested $2’500 into the stock market each month an the stocks increased positively. Would I get back more than what I’d make if I invested $1000? Why don’t people invest large amounts of money when they can potentially flip it an use that money to grow more? 

• Who

yes

but you have assumed the stocks increased - - suppose they didnt?

If it increases the more you invest then more profit

BUT if it decreases the more you lose

Maybe people dont invest more cos they aint GOT more

(if the question is serious I would stay away from the market if I were you - You dont even grasp the basics of investing)

Compounding:  Compounding is the process in which an asset's earnings, from either capital gains or interest, are reinvested to generate additional earnings over time. This growth, calculated using exponential functions, occurs because the investment will generate earnings from both its initial principal and the accumulated earnings from preceding periods.   The greater your initial investment the greater your potential returns in the same investment.   For your second part, wouldn't you invest in the best possible combination of investments you can find?  If you have already done that then what are you flipping to? 

• Judy

If what you bought went up, your profit would be in proportion to the amount you invested. Same for your loss if it went down.

Yes, if you invest 2500 then you get back 2 1/2 times as much as if you invested just 1000.

But they don't always increase positively. The opposite can happen. When you put in more, you can also lose more.

Well I looked it up, and seems you are correct roderick_young , but there are other countries including mine that follow the US standard. Anyway it's up to you OP how you want to gamble your money. If you end up losing money then you can only blame yourself!

I have no intentions investing in the stock market. I prefer to invest in myself. I have some ideas, and I am working on creating it, and then I am going to publish it world wide when I am done creating my ideas.

I assume you mean $2,500. Not $2'500!

I really hope, for your sake that you don't invest in the stock market. You don't even know which punctuation to use, and where it's suppose to go.

The punctuation that I used is called a comma (,), and in math commas are used. You used an apostrophe ('), and apostrophes are used in the English language. Commas are also used in the English language, but it seems to me you don't know how to use commas, and apostrophes.

• roderick_young
      1 month agoReport

US English, this would be customary.  Other English-speaking countries have varying conventions.  Switzerland uses an apostrophe, I believe.

• NA

I guess you haven't watched the market today when the boards lost 3-4%.

• DEBS

Yes, if you invest more then you have the *potential* to make more just like you have the *potential* to lose more.  Your question is like asking why people only play $5 blackjack tables in Vegas when they could be playing the $5000 table.  

"Why don’t people invest large amounts of money when they can potentially flip it an use that money to grow more?"

Taxes.

Grow more where?

Let's say a company is worth buying at $100/share and you sell it at $150/share.     Why did you sell?   Do you think the company is no longer worth investing in?   If yes, fine.   Go invest elsewhere.  But if you think the company is still worth investing in, you just paid taxes for no reason. 

You can lose more also.

Basic math will tell you the higher amount means higher % return or higher % loss.