Is it rude to discuss nasty things at dinner table?

I am from Angola.

My boyfriend is america born. We have different way of cultural thinking even though I live in American.

In my country we are ok with discussions about bowel movement but boyfriend is not. He say it is not appropriate but I tell him it is healthy to talk about it because it means we care about health of love ones. 

He disagree and tell me I have to leave or be quiet.

But why?

• Foofa

If you wish to stay in this relationship you'll cater to this guy's squeamishness. This isn't a cultural thing so much as you picked a guy who doesn't want to talk about poop thing.

• PAMELA

You do not talk about your bowels when people are eating, that is gross!

• Toby1 month agoReport

you forget where she comes from the food is less appetising than the product of bowel movement

Different cultures, different manners. When you live in the USA, it's best to follow the customary American etiquette.

You might find it useful to get a book on etiquette from the public library, and read up on table manners. There are many details that it would be good to know about.

it might be if the other person dont want to hear it

It depends on the people you're with.  Some are uppity and many topics are off limits.  Others are laid back and will discuss anything freely.  

• g

Again? Seriously nobody wants to hear about your bowel movements at the dinner table - or pretty much any other time.

You didn't like the answers you received the last time you asked this question?

• Anon

you like to discuss nasty things at the dinner table and people are asking you to stop but you disagree. It means you are not a very nice person.

You forget he doesn't live in a grass hut. And he doesn't shiit on the floor like you presumably do in said hut with everyone watching. 

• Creamsical1 month agoReport

Where do you get this shiit from? I never said I lived in a hut. Just because I'm from Angola does not mean I lived in a hut witj everyone watching me shiit. I just said shiutting is natural therefore we are ok with talking about it. I've noticed a lot of Americans have poor comprehension skills.

it is nice to know they have trolls in Angola too. 

• SCATTY c
      1 month agoReport

I'll give them this, its a new take on the usual troll tales