Is it rude to discuss nasty things at dinner table?

I am from Angola.

My boyfriend is america born. We have different way of cultural thinking even though I live in American.

In my country we are ok with discussions about bowel movement but boyfriend is not. He say it is not appropriate but I tell him it is healthy to talk about it because it means we care about health of love ones. 

He disagree and tell me I have to leave or be quiet.

But why?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you wish to stay in this relationship you'll cater to this guy's squeamishness. This isn't a cultural thing so much as you picked a guy who doesn't want to talk about poop thing.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You do not talk about your bowels when people are eating, that is gross!

• Toby1 month agoReport

you forget where she comes from the food is less appetising than the product of bowel movement

• 1 month ago

Different cultures, different manners. When you live in the USA, it's best to follow the customary American etiquette.

You might find it useful to get a book on etiquette from the public library, and read up on table manners. There are many details that it would be good to know about.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

it might be if the other person dont want to hear it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It depends on the people you're with.  Some are uppity and many topics are off limits.  Others are laid back and will discuss anything freely.  

• g
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Again? Seriously nobody wants to hear about your bowel movements at the dinner table - or pretty much any other time.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You didn't like the answers you received the last time you asked this question?

• Anon
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

you like to discuss nasty things at the dinner table and people are asking you to stop but you disagree. It means you are not a very nice person.

• 1 month ago

You forget he doesn't live in a grass hut. And he doesn't shiit on the floor like you presumably do in said hut with everyone watching. 

• Creamsical1 month agoReport

Where do you get this shiit from? I never said I lived in a hut. Just because I'm from Angola does not mean I lived in a hut witj everyone watching me shiit. I just said shiutting is natural therefore we are ok with talking about it. I've noticed a lot of Americans have poor comprehension skills.

• 1 month ago

it is nice to know they have trolls in Angola too. 

• SCATTY c
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

I'll give them this, its a new take on the usual troll tales

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.