US Working Visa from Philippines?

My friend lives in Arizona and he plans to move me into the US so that I can work there, which I'll be staying in the apartment he is at. The only problem is, what will the process be? Since he'll be shouldering everything that I'll be needing just for me to get there. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

What type of Visa can I get? Since I don't have any employer and he's the only connection I have.

• Foofa

Unless you have the means to qualify for a work visa you'd be doing all of this illegally (and Arizona wouldn't be the state you'd want to be in, if I'm being honest).

Absolutely a scam! ONLY qualified employers who have proved there are no Americans qualified & available for the position can apply for any temporary employment visa for their QUALIFIED foreign employee. There is no way your "friend" can qualify as an employer & apply for any visa for you.

And it's unlikely you qualify for any employment visa or you would not be looking to a "friend" to get you into the US - you'd be applying for proper jobs with legitimate employers.

There are two major boxes here that need ticking before you start packing your bags.

In order for your 'friend' to offer you work in the USA, he needs to be able to prove that there is no American than that do that job, so generally people get offered jobs in high level STEM occupations

Secondly, you need to have the necessary skills and experience to do that job.

Your friend can't just move you there and let you work in his restaurant or sweeping his floors

A work visa is arranged by the employer anyway

You could go for a vacation - and apply for your own tourist visa. But you need to be able to prove that you intend to return home afterwards.  On a tourist visa, it is illegal for you to work.

Two weeks ago you had a fiancé and his father worked in Singapore.... so have you dumped him ?  Or is he going to the USA too ?

Unless your friend owns or manages a company that can sponsor you for a work visa then your friend can do nothing to help you get to the USA. 

• Tavy

You won't get any type of visa. With a tourist visa you need a job and a bank account.

For a working visa you need a job offer from a recognised US employer who cannot fill the job from Anyone  in the US.

It's not going to happen.

• Lisa A

He will need to marry you.