Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

If the Corona Virus is so bad, why haven't I heard of it until recently?

• Bucky

It was only discovered about 2 months ago.

Oh my, have you heard of EVERY infectious disease known? No, you have not. You only learn of them when they make the news.

• Steven

Corona virus have infected thousands of person in Japan and many persons died, moreover also exist in other countries, so we have try to stay away from the infected person and we can infected only in some seconds. This is really good thing corona virus is still not exist in your country.  

• It's from uncivilized people who had famines as recently as the 1990s (due to stone age farming methods duh) so they eat anyhting that moves! Show some pity! 

I heard about it a while ago on the news. I even seen some people wearing masks near where I live.

I am also aware that there are people who think ---> much faster <--- than you, and are trying to be proactive by doing something to protect themselves.

I was professionally fitted, for a mask a while ago, so the chances of me catching it should be low to none, and yes, I am one of those people who I was describing above.

The corona virus has been going around for decades, but you may know that viruses mutate and become more resistant and aggressive. That's what happened with this one. The current strand can potentially be deadly, but the previous ones weren't; they were more like another type of flu, very treatable, so back then it wasn't a concern as it is today with the current mutation.

i have no idea................

The are now calling it 'Disease X' because it is so dangerous. The UK is now close to a pandemic. 

We only heard about it in December 2019, so it's actually a new virus.  It is slowly spreading around the world.  There is a lock down in several towns in Northern Italy, a boat full of tourists in Japan, an Italian Hotel in Tenerife (an island off the west coast of Africa), where over 200 tourists have tested positive for corona virus.

The UK have had 8 positive patients and 2 elderly UK residents have died.  It's now been classed as a Pandemic.

• Hey smart one, the coronavirus has been around for many, many, many, many years. Google it!

• mokrie

It didn't exist until recently. They believe that it was an experimental virus created in a lab in Wuhan China and injected into animals like bats, monkeys and snakes. The workers are not paid much so sometimes they take the animals they are done experimenting on and secretly take them to sell in the food markets instead of killing them in the lab. They think this may be how it got started.